J. McKee and Co. | Remote (Atlanta, New York City, Los Angeles preferred)
J.McKee & Co. is seeking a Public Relations Intern to develop and maintain the public images of assigned clients and companies. The qualifying positions include Public Relations, Marketing, and Social Media. This will involve drafting and sending pitch letters, issuing and promoting press releases, and may involve maintaining a social media presence and arranging public appearances for clients. This position reports directly to the Public Relations Account Manager and indirectly to the CEO.
You’ll love it because you will:
- Aid with the execution of company’s PR strategy and in the scheduling and coordinating of different events
- Execute Marketing Strategies Internally for the JMC Brand and Externally for assigned clients
- Review client brand and public relations plans and provide strategic input and feedback on marketing initiatives
- Assist in the management of content across social media platforms and websites, including articles and blog posts
- Craft media materials, including media lists, pitch letters, fact sheets, press releases, media announcements, and award entries
- Participate in the planning and development of media outreach initiatives, execute media outreach for a variety of clients, and monitor earned media placements.
- Build long-term relationships with relevant stakeholders and manage/update media lists and databases
- Update weekly reports and participate in client meeting, as needed
- Support client accounts
You’ll be a contender if you have:
- The ability to work approximately 10 to 30 hours per month. Some evenings and weekends are may be required.
- A true interest in the PR industry
- Applicable knowledge of copywriting and editing
- Experience with social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Attention to details
- Portfolio/work samples will be required
- Experience is preferred
Please note: Direct Message (DM) and email submissions will not be considered.